History of Shajapur
Shajapur is a town in Malwa region of Madhya Pradesh state in west-central India. It is the administrative headquarters
of Shajapur District. It is a city and a municipality.Shajapur is named after the Mughal emperor shahjahan,
who stopped there in 1640. Prior to that the town was known as Kankdikheda. The original name was Shahjahanpur,
which was later shortened to Shajapur. Shahjahan and his fauj liked this place very much and consequently when
Shahjahan became SAMRAT he considered the importance of this place for his Southern campaign .
The name "Shahjahanpur" was now " Shajapur" in this period only . A beautiful palace in the fort was also
developed by Tarabai . In 1904 it was declared as a district .